• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Roundcube Autoreply Sieve Won't Shut Off

G J Piper

Regular Pleskian
I have an email account that had a (vacation) auto-reply set up. After it replied to hundreds of spams I figured out what was going on and disabled the filter in Roundcube.

The email replies kept sending...

So, I deleted the filter completely, even going so far as to check in the sieve config files on the server for that email box that the sieve was indeed erased.

The emails keep sending.

I turned the Outgoing Mail Control email number down to zero, but the account keeps attempting to send out emails, although unsuccessfully now thank goodness.

SO... how do I clear this cache of replied out, or how do I stop it short of deleting the email account completely? (if that even works)

Thanks for your help.

Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 9.07.06 AM.png

Last edited:
Do you have an additional email forwarding set up under subscription, mail, mail account, forwarding perhaps?

Are those mails not listed in tools & settings, server wide mail settings, mail queue ?

Ran into that scenario a while ago where the client had set up both, webmail based forwarding and domains control panel based forwarding...

Last edited:
Do you have an additional email forwarding set up under subscription, mail, mail account, forwarding perhaps? Are those mails not listed in tools & settings, server wide mail settings, mail queue? Ran into that scenario a while ago where the client had set up both, webmail based forwarding and domains control panel based forwarding...

There are no forwards on this email account. The owner is no longer using it for sending email at all -- just receiving.

Ok this looks like it is a case of abuse from customer password theft. The timing of the occurrence is suspect because it began immediately after turning on a vacation auto-responder in Roundcube for the acct.

Back