• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Roundcube gives mail 250 error

UweP

Regular Pleskian
[26-Sep-2015 11:54:24 +0200]: <6k52co3q> SMTP Error: Authentication failure: SMTP server does not support authentication (Code: ) in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1708 (POST /?_task=mail&_unlock=loading1443261264255&_lang=de_DE&_framed=1?_task=mail&_action=send)

sending over smtp using my mail client works though. can you help me?

Hi UweP,

did you use the forum search, before asking for help?

You could have found the following thread:

Plesk Webmail SMTP Error (250), Authentication Failed ( Forum - thread )

Do you have local IP in the While List? Try to remove it.

It looks like that roundcube was not upgraded successfully. Autoinstaller log should be investigated for determining of possible reasons. Try to fix it with bootstrapper repair at least.
You may also try to remove all SMTP settings in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/config.inc.php (all $config['smtp* lines)

What is settings of "Relaying" option in Home>Tools & Settings>Mail Server Settings?

Try to check your current authentication methods of mail server with

# telnet localhost 25

and then

EHLO localhost

You should see something like:

250-AUTH LOGIN CRAM-MD5 PLAIN DIGEST-MD5

Do you have line

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes

in /etc/postfix/main.cf ?

If the mentioned thread and its answers didn't solve your issue, after you applied the suggestions, please cosnider to post depending configuration files from postfix and roundcube.​

its working now. i set the option to disallow relaying instead of auth required. because recently an email address got hacked and lots of messages were sent out and i was put on spam blacklists.

Back