• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Roundcube integration with plesk 11

bradz

Regular Pleskian
Hi, I have been asked a few times about Roundcube email interface. I use and have no complaints about Horde and I do know that we can also use AtMail (again no complaints). I do agree, Roundcube looks very clean and if a client is use to it, they often like to stay with it.

Suggestion/Question
Could Roundcube be added to Plesk as a default option.

Or

Is there a reason to stay away from it? May work load, security, update issues.

Thanks for any feedback or thoughts!
Brad

I have questions about the (possible) future integration roundcube<->plesk

1) will end users finally be able to handle all their options within one single interface?
as in:
2) will they be able to setup vacation/out of office from within the roundcube interface?
3) will they be able to change their mail password from within the roundcube interface?
4) will their roundcube black/whitelist properly sync to the plesk panel black/white list? this is important because for example the horde b/w list does NOT sync to the plesk panel b/w list and spamassassin and greylisting does NOT work properly with the horde b/w list, only with the plesk panel one. there have been several scripts posted on this forums since 2007 to solve such things and i wonder when it will finally be integrated by default

1) will end users finally be able to handle all their options within one single interface?
Yes, if the interface is Plesk with RoundCube open from it for reading/composing mail.
Everything said before in the other thread is still applicable.

3) will they be able to change their mail password from within the roundcube interface?
Yes, they were able to do that in Horde/Atmail and they will be able to do that in RoundCube.

I have setup roundcube in plesk myself as i didnt want to wait
http://blog.kiel.com.au/2012/04/installing-roundcube-to-plesk.html

2) will they be able to setup vacation/out of office from within the roundcube interface?
http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Plugin_Repository
Several vacation plugins, however i haven't installed any to test.

Yes easily done.

4) will their roundcube black/whitelist properly sync to the plesk panel black/white list? this is important because for example the horde b/w list does NOT sync to the plesk panel b/w list and spamassassin and greylisting does NOT work properly with the horde b/w list, only with the plesk panel one. there have been several scripts posted on this forums since 2007 to solve such things and i wonder when it will finally be integrated by default
Spam assassin with plugins yes.
No plugin for greyslist so not sure if itll be supported.

Hello omgkielbb

let me see...
I have setup roundcube in plesk myself as i didnt want to wait
http://blog.kiel.com.au/2012/04/installing-roundcube-to-plesk.html
i waited for 11.5.24 but it is still not perfect
http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Plugin_Repository
Several vacation plugins, however i haven't installed any to test.
this is not top priority for me ATM, so i didn't test it either
Yes easily done.

Spam assassin with plugins yes.
No plugin for greyslist so not sure if itll be supported.
the thing is, the plugin "markasjunk2" is already integrated by plesk... but i wonder if the salearn daemon does actually work with roundcubes junk folder "out of the box"

then, the plugin i actually want is "sauserprefs" and it's actually the ONLY plugin available so users can configure their spamsettings from within roundcube UI... the problem is, this does not work out of the box because the plugin assumes spamassassin to be working with mysql and plesk (don't ask me WHY) changed the names and structure of spamassassin database and tables...

We have implemented our own installation of Roundcube, and are offering certain features (plugins). When we move to Roundcube in Plesk 11.5 with the plugins we use, and edit the conf file...will that be overwritten with a new update?

Hi RaymondFH,

Yes, current Plesk 11.5 will overwrite RoundCube conf file during update.
If you would like to have own custom settings and supported plug-ins - you have to backup your RoundCube config file before applying update in Plesk.

Dear all,

I have installed roundcube 0.9.2 on a CentOS 6 Plesk Panel 11.5 server thanks to this brilliant howto (http://www.gregbeach.ca/how-tos/463-install-roundcube-in-plesk-11-and-centos-6-x.html) but I cannot make the vacation plugin work.

I use the plesk driver developped by Boris Huisgen (http://sourceforge.net/projects/rcubevacation/?source=dlp) but I get a "Connection error" from the Roundcube web interface when I click on the Responder link.

/etc/sudoers is up to date and I have changed the autoresponder in the plesk.php driver to fit my configuration.

Any idea ?

Dear all,

I have installed roundcube 0.9.2 on a CentOS 6 Plesk Panel 11.5 server thanks to this brilliant howto (http://www.gregbeach.ca/how-tos/463-install-roundcube-in-plesk-11-and-centos-6-x.html) but I cannot make the vacation plugin work.

I use the plesk driver developped by Boris Huisgen (http://sourceforge.net/projects/rcubevacation/?source=dlp) but I get a "Connection error" from the Roundcube web interface when I click on the Responder link.

/etc/sudoers is up to date and I have changed the autoresponder in the plesk.php driver to fit my configuration.

Any idea ?

We use the same installtion...modified for our usage. To get vacation to work, we had to modify the plesk.php driver to fix two functions...

First

function vacation_read(array &$data)
{
$rcmail = rcmail::get_instance();

$email = escapeshellcmd($data['email']);

$cmd = "sudo /usr/local/psa/bin/autoresponder -i -mail $email";
exec($cmd . ' 2>&1', $output, $returnvalue);

AND****

function vacation_write(array &$data)
{

if ($data['vacation_enable'])
$status = "true";
else
$status = "false";
$subject = escapeshellcmd($data['vacation_subject']);
if ($rcmail->config->get('vacation_gui_vacationmessage_html'))
{
$format = "html";
$text = str_replace("'", "'", $data['vacation_message']);
}
else
{
$format = "plain";
$text = escapeshellcmd($data['vacation_message']);
}
$redirect = escapeshellcmd($data['vacation_forwarder']);

$cmd = sprintf("sudo /usr/local/psa/bin/autoresponder -u -mail %s -status %s -subject '%s' -text '%s' -format %s -redirect '%s'",
$email, $status, $subject, $text, $format, $redirect);

Note the sudo being used. We then updated our sudoers to read...

roundcube ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/psa/bin/autoresponder

Roundcube is the user we created. This will vary on your install. If using the Plesk 11.5 version, check who owns the roundube folder.

Cheers!

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I have made the appropriate changes to plesk.php and updated my /etc/sudoers file to fit my configuration (roundcube_user is the one who owns the roundcube folder).

Unfortunately, I still get the "Connection error" message from the Roundcube webmail interface.

I have noticed /usr/local/psa/bin/autoresponder is a symbolic link to /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/autoresponder.php so I updated the plesk.php and /etc/sudoers files to work with this path... no success.

I can't find any more information in the log files.

Any idea ?

We use the same installtion...modified for our usage. To get vacation to work, we had to modify the plesk.php driver to fix two functions...

First

function vacation_read(array &$data)
{

$cmd = "sudo /usr/local/psa/bin/autoresponder -i -mail $email";

AND****

function vacation_write(array &$data)
{

if ($data['vacation_enable'])
$status = "true";
else
$status = "false";
$subject = escapeshellcmd($data['vacation_subject']);
if ($rcmail->config->get('vacation_gui_vacationmessage_html'))
{
$format = "html";
$text = str_replace("'", "'", $data['vacation_message']);
}
else
{
$format = "plain";
$text = escapeshellcmd($data['vacation_message']);
}
$redirect = escapeshellcmd($data['vacation_forwarder']);

$cmd = sprintf("sudo /usr/local/psa/bin/autoresponder -u -mail %s -status %s -subject '%s' -text '%s' -format %s -redirect '%s'",
$email, $status, $subject, $text, $format, $redirect);

Note the sudo being used. We then updated our sudoers to read...

roundcube ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/psa/bin/autoresponder

Roundcube is the user we created. This will vary on your install. If using the Plesk 11.5 version, check who owns the roundube folder.

Cheers!

I am sorry it did not work. We used this setting across 6 Plesk nodes, and it has worked. But, we have 11.0...are you using 11.5? If so, that may be the concern.

Good luck

i am extremely interested in removing the need for my customers to log into the plesk panel :8443 at all.
i wish they could do all they need from the roundcube interface, so i would love to see roundcube plugins work better with plesk

1) auto-reply addon that works with plesk (meaning, it's settings are synced with the :8443 panel and auto-reply works server-side without having to log into the webmail at all)
2) antispam options addon that works with plesk (meaning, it's settings are synced with the :8443 panel and white/black lists works server-side without having to log into the webmail at all)
afaik, the addon sauserprefs is currently being reviewed by parallels, as they already integrated the markasjunk addon from the same creator. the problem with sauserprefs is that it works with the spamassassin DB out of the box, but parallels changed that database a lot for plesk panel. https://github.com/JohnDoh/Roundcube-Plugin-SpamAssassin-User-Prefs-SQL

has anyone got this to work?

the problem with sauserprefs is that it works with the spamassassin DB out of the box, but parallels changed that database a lot for plesk panel.

Not true. Storage mechanism is not altered in any way in Plesk (at least in 11.5). The issue is that the plugin works only with DB storage, while in Plesk SA uses FS storage. This means that you can probably hack together your own version of https://github.com/JohnDoh/Roundcub...r/lib/Roundcube/rcube_sauserprefs_storage.php for accessing FS storage and it will work. But the changes won't be visible in Plesk and may be partly overwritten on mail_restore.

[Edit] Also I think GPL license for this plugin might be an issue.

Not true. Storage mechanism is not altered in any way in Plesk (at least in 11.5). The issue is that the plugin works only with DB storage, while in Plesk SA uses FS storage. This means that you can probably hack together your own version of https://github.com/JohnDoh/Roundcub...r/lib/Roundcube/rcube_sauserprefs_storage.php for accessing FS storage and it will work. But the changes won't be visible in Plesk and may be partly overwritten on mail_restore.

[Edit] Also I think GPL license for this plugin might be an issue.

Well Nikolay. ,
Parallels is suposed to be looking into getting this working together, right?

afaik, TP131730 has status "planned" now the only question is when they will actually start working on it ;)

there have been several scripts posted on this forums since 2007 to solve such things and i wonder when it will finally be integrated by default

topdiablo3.com
4runescapegold.com
mmotank.com
How are you!I'm new!

Hello all,

An update of the vacation plugin issue... that still not work unfortunately

I have recently installed roundcube 0.8.6 as part of the Plesk Panek software. My Centos 6.4 server runs Plesk Panel 11.5 Update 17.

Roundcube is installed in the /usr/share/psa-roundcube folder which is owned by root.

I have copied there the vacation plugin directory including the plesk.php driver supplied by Boris Huisgen.

I can access the Preferences -> Vacation section in Roundcube Webmail and even activate the vacation option... but nothing happens in the backend. If I leave this section and come back on it, the checkbox is not checked anymore.

Any idea ?

Back