• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Roundcube - remove option to change inital password

seqoi

Regular Pleskian
I've just had a somewhat weird request from a client. Well it's not actually weird but it's a request so there it is. Asking here because I can't find an option anywhere.

So Plesk Obsidian, Centos 8 - latest everything. We have 20 individual subscriptions, 20 domains on that specific server. Like 20 different clients.

Is it possible to set a password through Plesk for mailbox (Roundcube) and then disable the option for a user to change their email inbox passwords - only for a specific subscription - domain?

Why? Well under that specific subscription employees will receive their "official" inbox email addresses on their domain, they will access their email through Roundcube. However they will be monitored. So people/persons doing their task monitoring should be able to login at any time and see what they received, what they were working on, what they sent out etc.

So is there a way to stop users changing their email inbox passwords. Like is it possible to stop and entirely remove that option for that particular domain?

Another question would be - is there a way to stop them accessing or deleting their content inside "Sent" folder via Roundcube?

You cannot remove the ability to change a password of a mailbox from an individual mailbox account.

You can remove the ability to edit mail settings from the subscription user by changing the respective subscription permission.

The server admin, who has access to the Linux command line, can retrieve mailbox passwords by running
# plesk sbin mail_auth_view
But it is not possible for a subscription owner to do the same.

However, the subscription owner can always change the password of a mailbox to login to that mailbox. He/she will then only need to notify the mailbox owner that the password was changed and will need to pass the new password to the mailbox owner.

There is no way to stop a mailbox owner to delete content from their "Sent" folder.

# plesk sbin mail_auth_view
Thanks Peter. Do I understand you correctly.
I as admin can at any time login to command line and run # plesk sbin mail_auth_view

Which essentially will list a password entry of user inbox? (haven't tried it yet, I am completely away)

That's fine then if I understand you correctly. However isn't that a bit to generic? I mean I don't need to see all passwords from inboxes in all subscriptions. Is there more specific entry?

say www.domainname.com
email is: [email protected]

Is there a way for me to reveal only his own password then?

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. Is there a way to disable any password changes for the entire account/subscription? Something like this:

Back