• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Roundcube Webmail 500 Internal Server Error

Peter_R

Basic Pleskian
Hi
i have used plesk 11.5 and never had problem before
i installed Plesk 12 and Migrated sites + created new email to test as well.
when i go to webmail webmail.domain.com
i get the login screen from round cube which i want.
then i enter login + password and i get
500 Internal Server Error.
Apache Server at webmail.domaincom Port 80

it worked fine on 11.5
what is wrong with it?

Linux Cent os 6.6

anybody can help?
Thank you

thank you for pointing to this useful article
in logs i found 2 errors
i also wanted to point out that install is in VPS Environment , using CentOS Plesk ISO image.. so it was preconfigured by plesk configuration.

1 )
PHP Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1096

2)
IMAP Error: Login failed for [email protected] from 24.xx.xxx.xxx(X-Real-IP: 24.xx.xxx.xxx,X-Forwarded-For: 24.xx.xxx.xxx). Could not connect to localhost:143: Operation now in progress in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /roundcube/?_task=login?_task=login&_action=login)

i am new at these stuff please advise how to resolve it....
Thanks

UPDATE:
i did a test on the same vps machine with same ip and domain name.
I started clean CentOS install + plesk12 installation in terminal.
Everything got installed and i created email account and WEBMAIl ROUNDCUBE WORKS !!!

Why when i used Plesk CentOS ISO Install - Webmail does not work???
definitely something wrong with plesk 12 iso centos.

Can this be resolved?

i have already installed domains and email / user accounts and i dont know how to backup and transfer from the same ip.

i would love to resolve the plesk12 iso image installation if possible.

i found it before your post , and i have updated time zone in php,
but i have subdomains as well..

that did not work nor helped...

You have several PHP.ini - files on your server, which might cause issues as described. It could be a good idea, to generally define your server date/timezone as for excample:

PHP:
[Date]
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
; http://php.net/date.timezone
date.timezone= "Europe/Berlin"

; http://php.net/date.default-latitude
date.default_latitude = 51.248532

; http://php.net/date.default-longitude
date.default_longitude = 6.704677

You can locate all PHP.ini - files with a command like "find / -name 'php.ini' 2> /dev/null" over the command line and please change the example to your very own date/timezone.

Yes i have installed Panda Php and adjusted php time zone... for all php.ini it does not work

would that be possible cause of Roundcube logging issue? almost like a time out after user/pass entered and pressed login?

I will double check i f i did not miss timezone in php.ini somwhere

Hi Peter_R,

the login - issues might be caused in several situations, there is no "general" issue, which point to your login - failure. In order to do some more investigations, you could temporarily set some of the logging/debugging settings to "true" at "/usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/defaults.inc.php" ( section "// LOGGING/DEBUGGING" ) and investigate the Roundcube - log ( /var/log/plesk-roundcube/errors and the general syslog at /var/log/ ) afterwards, to get some more detailed informations about the current issue. In order to set the standard configurations back correctly, I suggest to copy the whole "default.inc.php" to "default.inc.php.bak" and edit the "default.inc.php" then. Just delete the manual modified "default.inc.php" and rename the backup - config back to "default.inc.php" after all issues are solved.

logs i show in /var/log/

anaconda.ifcfg.log anaconda.syslog btmp dmesg fail2ban.log-20141130.gz maillog-20141130 messages-20141130 plesk sa-update.log-20141201 spooler-20141130 yum.log
anaconda.log anaconda.yum.log btmp-20141201 dmesg.old httpd maillog.processed mysqld.log plesk-roundcube secure sw-cp-server
anaconda.program.log audit cron dracut.log lastlog mailman nginx psa-horde secure-20141130 tallylog
anaconda.storage.log boot.log cron-20141130 fail2ban.log maillog messages ntpstats sa-update.log spooler wtmp

Which one is " general syslog at /var/log/ "?

Thx

yes i found the long but could not figure it out. log was not showing anything interesting about that issue...
Seems like Cent ISO installation is screwed up and i do not Recommend to use it.
I did fresh install and Disabled SELinux and now everything works fine...
ISO should be repaired and installation should note that SElinux has to be disabled in requirements for CentOS , they only mention ArmorProtection in Ubuntu.
I could not use ISO install and had to reinstall it manually .
Now everything works.

Back