• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Roundcube webmail bad Helo and rDNS

suin

New Pleskian
Hi, I've a dedicated server with Debian 9, Plesk Obsidian 18.0.27 and hostname pleskserver.domain.com and IP XX.XX.XX.XXX. I've installed 8 IP's to split customers: YY.YY.YY.YYY, ZZ.ZZ.ZZ.ZZZ, etc.

One customer is hosted in YY.YY.YY.YYY, when I send an email using Outlook or Thunderbird, Helo is correct because use mail.clientdomain.com (A record to YY.YY.YY.YYY) and rDNS is ok.

But when I send an email using Roundcube webmail, Helo shows pleskserver.domain.com instead webmail.clientdomain.com, so rDNS is not correct because IP's are different.

Why webmail use server hostname instead webmail.clientdomain.com?

Thanks, best regards.

Hi, Is the 8 IP you mention is public ip?

You may want to go to mail server settings and check outgoing mail mode as: Send from domain IP addresses and use domain names in SMTP greeting.
make sure DKIM and SPF record set properly and SPF to include and allow each specific ip address

Hi, yes, all IP's are public.

Thank you for your answer, I've readed that this option may list your server in CBL spam list, I don't know if this is true nowadays or I can use this option safely.

Back