• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Routing Non-Local Mail

S

Stuart Drennan

Hi

I am moving my server from a Windows to Linux virtual server, and need some help with email. I know this has been talked about a lot, but I can't find a direct answer. I was eanble to do this under mailenable on the MS VPS, but not on the linux box.

Domaia a: if user exists locally, send the mail there, this will be a redirect to a gmail account for antispam purposes, if the user doesn't locally, route to company exhchange. I can get it to route all to exchange server using smarthost, but I have to disable local mail delivery to get this to work....

I need to migrate over the next day or two (before the next billing cycle), so quick help would really be apprecaited.....

Thanks

Stuart

If I understand what you want correctly, you need to set up a catchall email address. This will get all email sent to non-existant email addresses.

You then get the exchange server to collect email from that via pop3 (or you can configure the catchall to forward to some email address on the exchange server if it is on a different domain name)

To create a catchall, first create an email address (it doesn't matter what the address is, but catchall seems like a good option).

Then you need to tell plesk how to deal with non-existant email addresses. I'm afraid I can't remember where this is in Plesk 9, but basically it is somewhere under mail for the domain, where you have the option to either reject, or forward to a particular email address. Just forward it to the catchall address.

Sorry if I've misunderstood and this isn't what you want.

Faris.

Back