• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Ruby 3+ extension 22.04

Caspar

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
20.04 --> 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.53.2
I currently have 20.04 and want to update to 22.04. I noticed that Ruby currently is not supported because Ruby 2 cannot be build using OpenSSL3 (see thread below)

I don't want to use Ruby 2, and only want to use the latest versions: so when can I expect the extension to work / be added again to 22.04 since this is something I primarily use, and one of the functions I know other users within my installation use quite a bit and mainly use the GUI.

IMHO, Ruby doesn't have any system requirements that it shouldn't run on 22.04, if the version is correct. You also remove lower PHP versions, and thus I don't understand that you can't just update the minimum version for that.

Hi Caspar, the Support of Ubuntu 22.04, Almalinux 9, and RHEL 9 was added on the 18th of April 2023, in 1.4.5 version.

Currently Ruby versions 3.1.3, 3.2.1 are available with Plesk on Ubuntu 22.04. Versions 3.0 and below are not compatible with OpenSSL 3 and thus not available.

Just FYI, Ruby by default was not possible to be selected when installing 22.04, however when installing it using commandline (following the steps in the upgrade guide) it actually was possible to install and enable it (3.1+)

So for me: the bug is actually that Ruby is not selectable by default even though it looks like it is supported and working for the newer version.

I tried this using a new installation and this seems to work

Commands I used to actually install it:
Code:
apt install bundler ruby-dev
Afterwards install the Ruby extension in the plesk portal.

Back