• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Ruby installation failed on Onyx

AlexAlex

New Pleskian
Hi!
Few days ago I upgraded Plesk 12 to Onyx 17.5.3. I tried install Ruby extension for Onyx. But, installation failed with message:

• Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/ruby/scripts/post-install.php failed with exit code 1 and the output:
  • [2017-07-19 20:41:40] ERR [panel] Execution installer has failed with exit code 1, stdout: , stderr: W: Failed to fetch Index of /PSA_12.5.30/dists/etch/all/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not Found
  • W: Failed to fetch Index of /PSA_12.5.30/dists/etch/all/binary-i386/Packages 404 Not Found
  • E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
  • ERROR:root:Command '['apt-get', '-qq', 'update']' returned non-zero exit status 100
  • exit status 1
  • :
  • 0: /opt/psa/admin/plib/pm/ApiCli.php:150
  • pm_ApiCli::_filterResult(string 'installer', integer '1', string '', string 'W: Failed to fetch Index of /PSA_12.5.30/dists/etch/all/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not Found
  • W: Failed to fetch Index of /PSA_12.5.30/dists/etch/all/binary-i386/Packages 404 Not Found
  • E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
  • ERROR:root:Command '['apt-get', '-qq', 'update']' returned non-zero exit status 100
  • exit status 1
  • ', integer '5')
  • 1: /opt/psa/admin/plib/pm/ApiCli.php:143
  • pm_ApiCli::_execCommand(string 'installer', string ''/opt/psa/admin/bin/modules/ruby/installer' ', integer '5', array)
  • 2: /opt/psa/admin/plib/pm/ApiCli.php:91
  • pm_ApiCli::callSbin(string 'installer')
  • 3: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/ruby/scripts/post-install.php:4
  • ERROR: pm_Exception_ResultException: Execution installer has failed with exit code 1, stdout: , stderr: W: Failed to fetch Index of /PSA_12.5.30/dists/etch/all/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not Found
  • exit status 1
  • (ApiCli.php:150)

Anyway, I see extension as installed. But in extension I don't see list of Rubies and I don't see extension in domain panel.

Passenger server - installed
Ruby support - installed

How to install extension without any errors?

Hi AlexAlex,

pls. note, that Plesk Onyx ONLY supports Debian 7 ( wheezy ) and Debian 8 ( jessie ). Did you recently updated/upgraded your Debian operating system, as your log states clear, that the plesk installer is looking for Debian 4 ( etch ) packages?

You are able to use as well the option string "--override-os-version 8" within your "plesk installer" command over the command line, to force it to use the Debian 8 ( jessie ) packages.

Example:
Code:
plesk installer --all-versions --override-os-version 8

Pls. make sure to use "apt-get -f install" BEFORE you use the above command. ;)

... and make sure, that you delete/remove/backup ( possible manual created ) sources.lists at "/etc/apt/sources.list.d".​

Back