• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Ruined all permissions from root

fortael

New Pleskian
Internal error: error: Cannot open file
Message error: Cannot open file
File functions.php
Line 3330
Type SWKeyExFatalError

Accidentally i rewrote all permissions in whole OS. Luckily i have another server with plesk. So i tried to set right permissions one by one. Now every my website available again except for plesk.

Plesk login page available too. But after login i got this. I have no idea what to do. Maybe is there some reinstall script or just only one specific file have a problem.

@fortael,

You stated

Plesk login page available too. But after login i got this. I have no idea what to do. Maybe is there some reinstall script or just only one specific file have a problem.

You can always run one of the various plesk repair commands from the command line, in most cases it would fix your problem.

However, the entire OS is corrupted, implying that even a properly working plesk repair command yields unexpected results.

In essence, you should manually fix the ownership structure of all files and directories.

It is not recommended to use any script out there
: when using some random script that seems to do the trick, there might be some specific differences within your setup that make the random script dangerous (read: very dangerous) to just apply it to your server.

Hope the above helps a bit.

Regards........

This is exactly what am i trying to find. Which files of plesk exactly. Where it's located and which permissions are correct.

I already did use
Code:
/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/install_suexec

It helps a lot with apache2. So maybe there any script for plesk too? Because i fixed all domain and everything works fine exept for plesk exactly.

Have you access via SSH to your console?

Try this: # /usr/local/psa/bin/repair --restore-vhosts-permission

Yes.

But... Isn't this command to repair hosted domains? Because this part works fine and i have some manual changes there too. I'm wondering if this will help with plesk exactly?

Try this: # /usr/local/psa/bin/repair --restore-vhosts-permission

@m3lezZ

This exactly the same as running the command plesk repair fs -y and it does not help.

Somehow, there is this nasty habit that the ownership and permissions of some files and directories are altered, but not all of the files and directories.

Regards........

PS Note that running any default Plesk command on a OS with wrong ownership and/or permissions does not return the expected results, implying that default Plesk utils will not solve all issues.

Internal error: error: Cannot open file
Message error: Cannot open file
File functions.php
Line 3330
Type SWKeyExFatalError

Accidentally i rewrote all permissions in whole OS. Luckily i have another server with plesk. So i tried to set right permissions one by one. Now every my website available again except for plesk.

@fortael

You can always apply the steps 1 to 3 from KB article /etc/sw/keys broken permissions after upgrade.

This often will work and get you to the next error notification.

Indeed, it is to be expected that multiple issues are present at the same time, so solving the SWKeyExFatalError is the first step: run steps 1 to 3 to solve that specific issue.

Furthermore, some tips:

1 TIP: when wanting or required to repair the ownership and permissions of the directory /var/www/vhosts manually, have a look at

Virtual Host Structure (Linux)

2 TIP: when wanting or required to repair ownership and permissions of certain packages that are still present in /var/cache/apt/archives (on Debian or Ubuntu), just

1 - run the command: dpkg -c [full packagename]
2 - go to installation directories of the package the and adjust ownership and permissions manually with chown and chmod commands

Hope the above helps a bit.

Regards.......

Back