• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

run a backup mailserver for client with plesk/qmail

J

jtrefet

I have a client that wants me to setup a couple domains to use as a backup mx for their exchange server. Basicaly my server would collect mail for them in the event of an outage and forward the messages to their server when it came back up.

Does anyone know how to do this with plesk/qmail? is it possible?

Thanks!

Just a small note that caught me out on this at one time.

You shouldnt add additional domains to rcpthosts as this file on occasion gets rebuilt by plesk and if you havent got mailservices enabled for that particular domain in the control panel you will find it being removed.

You should instead add additional domains to morercpthosts (create if you need too) which plesk will not touch.

Originally posted by mikk
Just a small note that caught me out on this at one time.

You shouldnt add additional domains to rcpthosts as this file on occasion gets rebuilt by plesk and if you havent got mailservices enabled for that particular domain in the control panel you will find it being removed.

You should instead add additional domains to morercpthosts (create if you need too) which plesk will not touch.

wow - thanks that is a good item to note...i didn't realize that plesk would do that.

Back