• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Run Commands apt-get

toomanylogins

Basic Pleskian
hello,

I am trying to run a command "apt-get install apache2-mpm-itk" to install the module and I normally use Winscp to access the plesk 10.2 virtuozzo vps. However winscp terminal mode does not allow commands which require user interaction and I understand that "apt-get install apache2-mpm-itk" requires you to confirm which I cannot do.

I know it's a basic question but how do you run commands with 10.2? I have searched and it seems you can't rdp to Linux vps. So how do you run commands at the terminal ?

thanks
Paul

Use Putty for Windows for connection to Linux Plesk server as root via ssh protocol.

Thanks Igor.

Installed mpm-itk and I now have Apache running as Plesk user which works for joomla sites. However I now have a problem where I have some sym links that point to another domain on the same server. the sym links contain a large volume of Acrobat documents which we need to display on multiple sites. However with mpm-itk enabled the symbolic links do not work.

Any ideas round this?
thanks
Paul

Back