• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Run Python3.6 WebScripts?

UweP

Regular Pleskian
Hi all. My question is, how can I run Python3.6 Web Applications. What is the preferred way to do this with Plesk Onyx? I have mod_python but it's outdated. Thanks!

For Python support consider using mod_wsgi which is part of CentOS and also allows Python apps to run under Apache.

ah ok ;D thanks ;D im on debian 8. so i just install the mod_wsgi for apache, activate it somewhere in the panel and then i set a vhost configuration to use mod_wsgi? :)

I installed mod_wsgi, but how do I configure a vhost now? hm, trying to find documentation on this.

ok thanks, i checked the documentation, but is there any way i can enable it per vhost? eg. use / on vhost to serve the py file?

hm, it now says:
Template_Exception: Can not restart web server:

file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Driver/Web/Server/Apache.php

line: 109

code: 0

hm, it keeps saying bad gateway or internal server error when using this as the apache https configuration:

WSGIScriptAlias / /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.tld/s4.mydomain.de/vsearch4web.py

<Directory /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.tld/s4.mydomain.de/>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

Last edited:
right now it keeps saying (when deactiving nginx) that i dont have permission to access that file also it wants to let me download if i access the file directly.

ok well i have two problems finding the instance of python the web interpreter is using. because i need to isntall flask on it.

Back