• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Run Python3.6 WebScripts?

UweP

Regular Pleskian
Hi all. My question is, how can I run Python3.6 Web Applications. What is the preferred way to do this with Plesk Onyx? I have mod_python but it's outdated. Thanks!

For Python support consider using mod_wsgi which is part of CentOS and also allows Python apps to run under Apache.

ah ok ;D thanks ;D im on debian 8. so i just install the mod_wsgi for apache, activate it somewhere in the panel and then i set a vhost configuration to use mod_wsgi? :)

I installed mod_wsgi, but how do I configure a vhost now? hm, trying to find documentation on this.

ok thanks, i checked the documentation, but is there any way i can enable it per vhost? eg. use / on vhost to serve the py file?

hm, it now says:
Template_Exception: Can not restart web server:

file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Driver/Web/Server/Apache.php

line: 109

code: 0

hm, it keeps saying bad gateway or internal server error when using this as the apache https configuration:

WSGIScriptAlias / /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.tld/s4.mydomain.de/vsearch4web.py

<Directory /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.tld/s4.mydomain.de/>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

Last edited:
right now it keeps saying (when deactiving nginx) that i dont have permission to access that file also it wants to let me download if i access the file directly.

ok well i have two problems finding the instance of python the web interpreter is using. because i need to isntall flask on it.

Back