• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Running multiple servers behind one public IP

M

mattuu_nz

Hi There

I have several high performance sites which are chewing CPU dramatically. The problem being is these sites are all owned by a single company. I am wanting to setup 3 machines for the one company running 9 domains (3 per server). Problem being is I cannot work out how to do this.

One suggestion has been to run a DNS server at the front-end after the router and then link that via a switch to the 3 machines, the question I have is, is this the best option or is there something simpler ?? IF I used this method, what do I need to do to make sure each domain points to the internal servers, I have a feeling it will involve renumbering each of the domains from the DNS machine to point to the internal IP address of the server the DNS record came from ... in which case ... I have a headache.

All servers running same ports, all off one static IP address (only one internet connection).

I have tried NAT and basic Proxy, but these only allow access to one of the boxes not all 3.

Thanks,
Matt

Back