• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Scan all outgoing mail for SPAM

A

Adamplusplus

I'm using Plesk 9.2 on two servers (and Plesk 8.x on two others) with qmail and one of the problems I'm having is with users whose email account passwords are being guessed/taken, and as a result my plesk servers are occasionally used for sending out SPAM.

Most recently was with IMP; someone was logging in as one user and churning out mail that way.

Since I cannot guarantee that my users will keep their passwords safe, or that they will use intelligent passwords, I'd like to know if there's a way either within plesk or via a third party addon for scanning all outgoing mail for spam or viruses.

I would hope that with something like that, I could stop a lot of the spam that gets sent out, as well as the bounces the server ends up sending out as a result of other junk mail pouring in to the servers.

I'm not currently using the SpamAssassin Filtering for all incoming mail that ships with Plesk 9.2, having replaced it with spamdyke since it supports a lot of better things (such as greylisting.)

Does anybody here know of anything I could use to intercept outgoing mail on the server, and run it through filters first?

Is qmail-scanner compatible with 4PSA spamguardian and clean server?

These packages use spamassassin and clamav which i installed from the 4PSA repository.

Do you think it's possible to even add spamdyke to this? So spamguardian + clean server + qmail-scanner + spamdyke?

Is there somewhere a good installation instruction for this construction?

Back