• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Scan does not find existing wordpress site

chrislennon

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 24.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.63_build1800240809.10
I had set up a wordpress site, with content locted in /var/www/html/mysite and it was running fine. I have just installed Plesk. I went to 'scan' but nothing was detected. So I moved the site to sit under /var/www/vhosts/mysite and again tried to scan. But the site is not detected.

This is a large and complex site. How can I bring this site into plesk's management?

Screenshot from 2024-08-19 21-49-00.png

Implement the site with name and IP as NewDomain in Plesk, after that copy the date to the new subscription and the switch the dns settings.
I had something with normal sites (no wordpress) Copied via FTP and not bulid as subscription in plesk beackend did not wor ever if there teh folder shown via ftp.

Your website files should reside in the domains document root, which by default on Plesk is /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs. Unless manually modified, the home directory (/var/www/vhosts/example.com/) of a primary domain (also knows a "subscription") isn't used to serve files because of security. You generally don't want any of the sub directories to be accessible to the public.

Back