• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Scan incoming mail through SA then relay ???

S

Slingky

I currently have a Plesk VPS account at powervps.

I want the following, for one of my domains, i want the server to scan emails for SPAM using SpamAssassin then forward to another ip address.

I discovered smtproutes and add ;
domain.com: ip address

This is partially working, mails get through final ip address but don't get scanned through SpamAssassin.

Could you help me ?

I'm looking to the exact same thing. Did you get this working? If so, could you share how.

Thanks
Jim

Use the qmail-scanner rpm from my archive, or project-gamera if you want to build a dedicated anti-spam/anti-virus server (not compatible with VPS's).

i found plesk to be too limited in many aspect.
(like if you manually change some files, it blows some parts of the control panel and even the os)

so i moved to rapidvps.
i'm now on a cpanel account (for which i was used before) and i use mailscanner.

i receive mails through exim, then queue them only.
After, mailscanner process scan messages and do one of the following:

a) if it's spam (store in a quarantine folder) i then moved and chmod files to a maildir folder so users may access the false positive spams.

b) it's not spam (deliver) to local or even through a smart router to a remote smtp server

all is working good now, i can't think of a better way to handle this.

Back