1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Scan incoming mail through SA then relay ???

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Slingky, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Slingky

Slingky Guest

I currently have a Plesk VPS account at powervps.

I want the following, for one of my domains, i want the server to scan emails for SPAM using SpamAssassin then forward to another ip address.

I discovered smtproutes and add ;
    domain.com: ip address

This is partially working, mails get through final ip address but don't get scanned through SpamAssassin.

Could you help me ?

2. Slingky

Slingky Guest

3. NorthLANs

NorthLANs Guest

I'm looking to the exact same thing. Did you get this working? If so, could you share how.

Thanks
    Jim

4. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

Use the qmail-scanner rpm from my archive, or project-gamera if you want to build a dedicated anti-spam/anti-virus server (not compatible with VPS's).

5. Slingky

Slingky Guest

i found plesk to be too limited in many aspect.
    (like if you manually change some files, it blows some parts of the control panel and even the os)

so i moved to rapidvps.
    i'm now on a cpanel account (for which i was used before) and i use mailscanner.

i receive mails through exim, then queue them only.
    After, mailscanner process scan messages and do one of the following:

a) if it's spam (store in a quarantine folder) i then moved and chmod files to a maildir folder so users may access the false positive spams.

b) it's not spam (deliver) to local or even through a smart router to a remote smtp server

all is working good now, i can't think of a better way to handle this.