• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Scheduled server backup not running.

MJose

New Pleskian
Hello,

Plesk 11.5 MU#51, Ubuntu 12.04 64 bits

Problem: scheduled server backup not running, but working at user level.
Steps: configure scheduled backup within Tools > Backup adminstration > Scheduled backup config. Active with any combination (local/FTP, config/content and config, suspend domains).

Actual result: Nothing happens.

I've checked knowledge base and read the forum, but none of the solutions worked for me.

This message was logged when doing manual backup:

"my" variable $relativeDumpPath masks earlier declaration in same scope at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 789.
And solved with: http://kb.odin.com/en/121463

Now manual backup completes but pid file remains at: /opt/psa/PMM/tasks/ . Is this a correct behaviour?
Also no log is being saved at /opt/psa/PMM/logs/ when scheduled backup should be running. Running from shell /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng or /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng enable does nothing.

BackupsScheduled looks like this:

| 5 | 1 | server | local | 0000-00-00 00:00:00 | 86400 | true | false | 10 | test_ | | 0 | false | true | 0 | 18:30:00 | backup_content_all_at_domain |

Last week emptied the table to configure the backup from scratch and i've been testing since then with no luck. However, last field shows "backup_content_all_at_domain" although i checked "server configuration", if "content and configuration" is selected with any of the options in the menu, the filed is updated fine but changing again to "server confguration" displays the previous selection.

Can anyone give me any advice or clue where continue looking?

Thanks in advance.

Ok, it seems i got it solved setting a date on "last" field of psa.BackupsScheduled.

Now the problem is old backups not being deleted from remote FTP when "Maximum number of backups in the repository" is reached. I'll continue looking.

Back