• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Scheduled Task Errors

Saffii

New Pleskian
Hi,

After 2 days of hair-pulling and scouring the web for answers, I am wondering if anyone could shed light on scheduled tasks created via plesk panel. I am a running a VPS with the following;

Panel version: 11.0.9
php version: 5.3.2

After contacting the hosting company, I was told the command needs to point to the file inside root directory rather than the server itself. So using phpinfo(); I found the correct path, however, I am still none the wiser to getting the tasks to run without errors.

For example, when I use the command: /usr/bin/php /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/cronjobs/crondaily.php‏

I get the following error;

PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/imap.ini on line 1 in Unknown on line 0

Have tried numerous other commands including: /usr/bin/wget http://mydomain.com/cronjobs/crondaily.php

and for this I get the following error;

Cannot write to `crondaily.php' (Permission denied).

My user the tasks run under is set up as admin and has the Create and manage scheduled tasks enabled. I read somewhere there is a bug and I would have to edit imap.ini. Is this correct? If so, where and how do I edit this? Or can anyone see where I am going wrong and give me a gentle push in the right direction.....before I lose all my hair!

Many thanks in advance.

Back