• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Scheduled Tasks: cron job to run php with lower priority

Dirk

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
how can I create a cron job in Onyx to run a php-script with a low task priority?

You can just add "nice 19" at the beginning of the command. Something like

51 18 * * * nice 19 /opt/plesk/php/7.2/bin/php /path/to/your/script.php

Hi Igor.
I think the command should ne nice -n19 however when trying to use your code I get "-: nice: command not found" or "-: /usr/bin/nice: No such file or directory".
How can I use nice in the command cronjob?
I have customers with really bad scripts that use up to 100% CPU. Acutally I would like to see all crons beeing run as nice -n19 jobs

Check if nice is in /var/www/vhosts/chroot/bin and linux-vdso.so.1 in /var/www/vhosts/chroot/lib.
What happens if you manually chroot in /var/www/vhosts/chroot as the subscription user and try to run nice?

Back