• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Schedules tasks disappeared

ciB

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.55 Update #2
I was deleting backups in my backup manager when I suddenly saw an error message that a task with a specific id could not be run, so I checked my scheduled tasked tab and it is suddenly empty. I do not know what happened. I only had the standard plesk tasks in there. How/why did this happen, and is there a way to restore them?

The cron tasks are stored in /var/spool/cron/crontabs/psaadm and /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root. Do these two files exist on your server? If they do not exist, something must be basically wrong on your operating system level, because Plesk does not remove these files deliberately. I could imagine that file system resources were exhausted (no of handles, inodes, disk space, whatsoever) while some update was done to the files so that the new version could not be written.

If you want to restore them, you can try to create them manually, you'll need to create them with these permissions

psaadm: owner psaadm, group crontab, permission 0600
root: owner root, group crontab, permission 0600

Typical content of psaadm, but it depends on the installed extensions (e.g. Composer, SSLit, ImunifyAV, WP Toolkit in this example):
Code:
MAILTO=""
55      18      *       *       *       /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/catalog/scripts/update-index.php'
5       10      *       *       *       /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/notifier/scripts/check-compatible-tls.php'
0       19      *       *       *       /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/notifier/scripts/check-mail-ports.php'
35      *       *       *       *       /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/galileo/scripts/galileo-every-hour.php'
25      *       *       *       *       /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/scripts/maintenance.php'
3       1       *       *       *       /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/scripts/instances-auto-update.php'
42      0       16      *       *       /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/revisium-antivirus/scripts/periodic-scan.php'
0       5       *       *       *       /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/revisium-antivirus/scripts/cleanup.php'
17      6       */2     *       *       /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/revisium-antivirus/scripts/tools_update.php'
11,26,41,56     *       *       *       *       /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/revisium-antivirus/scripts/ra_executor_run.php'
25      8       *       *       2       /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/revisium-antivirus/scripts/send_stats.php'
37      *       *       *       *       /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/sslit/scripts/keep-secured.php'
37      *       *       *       *       /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/sslit/scripts/complete-order.php'
56      8       *       *       *       /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/sslit/scripts/daily-tasks.php'
52      *       *       *       *       /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/sslit/scripts/panel-notifications.php'
4       1       *       *       4       /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/composer/scripts/refresh-packages.php'
46      0       *       *       2       /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/composer/scripts/update-plugins.php'
22      23      *       *       3       /opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/composer/scripts/self-update.php'

Typical content of root:
Code:
22,52 * * * * /root/report-stats.sh > /root/report-stats.log 2>&1

You can also try to run
(as root) plesk repair installation[/code]

psaadm is not empty, looks similar to what you've posted, root only contains:

Code:
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - edit the master and reinstall.
# (/opt/psa/tmp/sssvEV4gr installed on Mon Aug 28 23:03:22 2023)
# (Cron version -- $Id: crontab.c,v 2.13 1994/01/17 03:20:37 vixie Exp $)

Which scheduled tasks tab did you check? The "admin" user? Or the tasks of another user? In /var/spool/cron/crontabs you'll also find files for your subscription user accounts.

Admin user, from the overview page. I just realized that I see the scheduled tasks from the Tools&Settings page..
I tried running the plesk repair installation command before that, which resulted in an error and now mails are not relayed anymore:

Code:
Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable spamassassin
 Reconfiguring SSL ciphers and protocols...
 Regenerating web servers' configuration files...
 Cleaning active Panel sessions...
 Fixing permissions on Panel packages files
ERROR:Unable to retrieve repository configuration from autoinstaller: autoinstaller is busy

Bootstrapper repair finished.
Errors occurred while performing the following actions: restore mail, fix Plesk packages permissions.
Check '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_18.0.55_repair.log' and '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_18.0.55_repair_problems.log' for details.
If you can't resolve the issue on your own, please address Plesk support.

Sending mails to any of our mail accounts results in the follow daemon error:

Code:
554 5.7.1 <c.**@**.de>: Relay access denied
I checked the mail settings, but nothing changed:

1700077185564.png

Okay, I restarted the server, the repair is currently running again (it's still running), but at least mails are working again now. o_O

Back