• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

scp -stalled-

DickenW

New Pleskian
We use scp to download hourly gzipped backups of our MySQL databases from our plesk server.

Server has a cron job that mysql-dumps locally and gzips the data into the vhost/../private directory

A few minutes later, one of our local network machines (again on a cron) uses scp to fetch these .gz files and then inserts them into an hourly backup rotation on-site here. So, we have all of our live MySQL databases backed up on the hour.

This used to work fine, until we got a faster internet connection (it is about 70MB/s tested) . Now, 90% of the time, the scp stalls. I investigated everything I could - and in the end, I decided to throttle our new internet connection. Once I throttle it down to about 60MB/s or less, scp works every time. Anything above that, scp doesn't work.

I realise this might not be a plesk issue - (I have contacted our hosting firm also!) but does anybody have any suggestions? It seems a real shame to throttle our connection by about 14% just so we can ensure backups work.

ps - Server is CentOs with Linux 2.6.18-53.1.21.el5

Back