• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

scripts cannot connect - gateway problem?

KrisScott

Basic Pleskian
Version Parallels Plesk Panel v10.4.4_build1013111102.18 os_CentOS 6
OS Linux 2.6.32-220.13.1.el6.x86_64

I was using an earlier version of plesk because of the issues with 10.4.4 and it was going fine. I recently upgraded to 10.4.4 and now I have lost connectivity.

What I mean by that is I cannot connect to any external xml service via lwp, nor can I connect to any mirrors using cpan, and I cannot install anything using yum because it cannot connect to any source.

I'd very much appreciate any ideas or known solutions please. I have set the firewall to allow all but that didn't help.

Thanks for any assistance offered.

Also:

can't get plesk updates because login to parallels update never gets past the login submission. It just hangs there.

and here with plesk autoinstaller... update log

Execution failed.
Command: autoinstaller
Arguments: Array
(
[0] => --select-product-id
[1] => plesk
[2] => --select-release-current
[3] => --upgrade-installed-components
)

Details: File downloading products.inf3: Error: Couldn't resolve host 'autoinstall.plesk.com', retry...
Error: Couldn't resolve host 'autoinstall.plesk.com', retry...
File downloading versions.inf3: Error: Couldn't resolve host 'autoinstall.plesk.com', retry...

ERROR: Failed to read product information from the file : Can't process products.inf3: Failed to download the package http://autoinstall.plesk.com/products.inf3:
Couldn't resolve host 'autoinstall.plesk.com'

Can't process versions.inf3: Failed to download the package http://autoinstall.plesk.com/versions.inf3:
Couldn't resolve host 'autoinstall.plesk.com'

Not all packages were installed.
Please resolve this issue and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

Thanks for your response Igor.

I had found similar instructions from a google search but this would only address the autoinstaller problem and not the other problems such as yum, wget, curl, and cpan not resolving hosts.

But I did what you said anyway and got this error when logging in to install updates...

Failed to check system configuration - Yum utility finished with errors. Installation may fail.
WARNING: Third-party Yum repository 'plesk103-updates' is enabled, installation may fail.
WARNING: Third-party Yum repository 'plesk103-thirdparty' is enabled, installation may fail.
WARNING: Third-party Yum repository 'plesk103-base' is enabled, installation may fail.

Since you use one or more 3rd-party repos (say, atomic), be careful when installing different package versions from different repos as this may lead to installation failures. For example, you may encounter a problem if you first install PHP from a 3rd-party repo and then upgrade it using the Parallels repo. To avoid such situations, install and upgdare packages from the same repo.

RepoError: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: base. Please verify its path and try again

I started comparing files between a working plesk installation and the one that was failing to connect.

Found that one of the ip's had subnet mask 255.255.0.0
Changed subnet mask to 255.255.255.128 and that seems to have fixed the connection issue. Haven't tested this fully yet but it is working with LWP now and my sites have returned to normality.

Back