• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Second Level Links to forums and photo galleries - Cool Trick

A

amiles248

The sitebuilder application won't let you make a forum, photogallery and a few other page types second level links. The system will also not let you create a second level link to a top level page. Finally site builder will not let you create multiple first or second level links to the same page often requiring you to duplicate pages.

Never fear, there is a solution to all of these problems and it's only 1 line of code.

To create a menu link (at any level) to any page in your website you can do the following:
1. Preview your website and navigate to the page you ultimately want a menu link for.
2. Write down the page url: example: page001.aspx
3. Go back to the SB designer and add a 'file download' page type to your site
4. Slide this page into your site's menu where you want the link to be.
5. Go to the 'Pages' section of the editor and then click on the 'File Download' page you just created in your menu
6. Next open notepad type the following (replacing the page001.aspx with the file name you wrote down in step 2):
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0; URL=page001.aspx">
7. Save this file as 'MyRedirect.html', make sure that it is an html file and not a text file.
8. Go back to sitebuilder and upload the 'MyRedirect.html' file as the downloadable file on your 'file download' page.
9. Click the checkbox to allow this file to be opened by the browser and save the 'file download' page.
10. Finally preview your website, find the 'file download' link and click it, it should take you to your page.

Thank you! We much appreciate posts like this :)
Here is addition to your solution: to add custom html code to your site you can use Script module in WYSIWYG, not the FileDownload module.
Just go to the Edit step, insert Script module and add there any html, you like.
It can be:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0; URL=Your_url_goes_here">
or some redirect script:
<script>
document.location.href = 'Your_url_goes_here';
</script>
or just plain text :)

This works great (using the file download method)
the other way isn't as good as it loads the page, then redirects

the file download method is lots lighter on performance

....however, i have an issue

this is the site structure

Home
Weddings
__ picture gallery
__ about weddings
Wedding Pictures

The "picture gallery" page is actually a file download page
I have set the redirect meta script and uploaded it
that all works fine

however, the Wedding Pictures page has been set to not show in menu, but when you get redirected to it, it appears in the main Menu

Is this a bug?

The most possible situation - your file download page is hidden in site map (setting on the Edit step on the left panel).

Hi

If i remove the file download page, then it wont appear in the menu and the user wont be able to click on it (and it wont redirect)

You don't need to remove it. You can manage it's visibility via "show in site map" option on the Edit step.

Thanks alex
What i meant to say was remove from sitemap not remove page

this is what i have

page
--subpage1
--subpage2 (redirects to gallery)
Gallery (not shown in sitemap)

if subpage2 is a download file page, and i remove it from the site map, then it wont appear as a sub menu item.

The problem is, when subpage2 redirects to gallery, the gallery appears in the 1st level navigation

Oh, I see. Unfortunately this behavior is handy for other navigation scenarios. However we will schedule meeting and talk how you problem should be solved in general.

Back