• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Second Plesk Server Issues

bcaza27

New Pleskian
When I setup my first server, it did not have enough space so here's what I did

I created a second server with more space with the IP ending in .202 (Original is .201)

I added the IP in plesk and moved one of the websites that requires a lot of space to the new server...

When I did that, DNS was pointing to the new server, but the website would not come up.

I moved it back and it works fine

What did I miss?

Brian

Hi bcaza27,

you probably missed, that DNS - settings for a domain are mostly done over a control panel from your domain provider and DNS propagation can take up to 48 hours,
Second, please be aware, that your desired IP has to be existent and assigned to your server from your hosting provider - you can't just take any IP of your choice.

For further investigations, please consider to provide the correct ( full ) IP adresse(s), because it is very hard to guess possible causes.

I am the hosting provider. I host the servers myself.

I have Godaddy as the registrar pointing to my outside IP address, which gets translated to the .201 through my firewall.....

Back