• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

secondary nameserver

P

pingu@

i want to set up a secondary name server on a plesk box. as i do only have a 'small' license so i cannot add all the domains through plesk. instead i try to use ART's automatic secondary dns. i have created a 'secondaries.include file' that is linked into my named.conf. that seems to work. but now my big question is: do i not need the zone files for each domain on the secondary nameserver? my 'slave' directory is still empty! shall i just fill in the zone files myself or are the zone files generated automatically?
help appreciated!

Do I understand you right - you have two servers, one of them is a Plesk server and acts as a secondary DNS to that other server, by using ART's scripts?

Your slave subdir should be filled with zone files all by itself. If they don't get generated, you probably have an error in your configuration somewhere.

thanks ales. you help me by telling me the slave dir should fill itself automatically. i've just noticed, that the setup of my primary box is wrong.

If you have everything setup right it should transfer the appropriate domain files to your slave directory on your secondary withougt having to do much more.

Pingo

How di you get your salve directories to populate. I am really struggling here and any help would be appreciated

Adstock

Back