• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Secure Connection Failed

eshepperd1128

New Pleskian
Hello, I am having an issues with all my websites on my server giving Secure Connection Failed. I have my certs setup on each website and am not sure if the server it self or the SSL Cert that is on the website. I am not getting any errors when logging into the server. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 4.37.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 4.43.02 PM.png

Tools & Settings > IP Addresses > YourIPAddress: Have you set a default site? In that case, set it to "none".
Is the IP set to "dedicated"? If you are running more than a single website on the system, it needs to be set to "shared".

Afterwards run
# plesk sbin httpdmng --reconfigure-all

Is SSL enabled on the domain(s)? Websites & Domains > Hosting Settings > SSL checkbox checked

thanks for you reply Peter.

here is the list of them (screenshot)
Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 8.47.52 AM.png

the default site is only set on 192.169.153.113, 192.169.155.33. (I updateded the settings for the default site to none but the sites are still not loading).

SSL is enabled on all the sites that use a Certificate under Websites & Domains > Hosting Settings > SSL checkbox checked

After running the command (below) through ssh the sites are still not loading.
# plesk sbin httpdmng --reconfigure-all

From here your IP addresses cannot be reached. Are you sure these are correct and can be reached through the Internet? Try a traceroute for example to 192.169.190.38. It won't end up on your system.

Yes I am posivite they are correct. the sites and ip address where working just fine a day and half ago. im kinda of at loss at what to do.

Please verify that the IP addresses are correct. It seems they are not correct or your server is not reacting to them. Whether you do it by traceroute or whatever other means does not matter. It was just a tool so that you can test for yourself that the IP addresses are not right or the server is not responding to them.

Traceroute was only one way to give you the opportunity to understand that the IP addresses are not accessible from the Internet. Your websites cannot be reached and you are seeing the SSL error, because the IP addresses are misconfigured. You need to fix your IP addresses to make your server accessible by the addresses that you have entered into Plesk. It's not really a Plesk issue, it has to do with your basic network setup of your server. It can be an issue with the network setup on the machine, but it can also be an issue with the IP addresses that they are simply wrong. Or maybe they are not routed correctly to your machine. Maybe you can ask your web hosting provider for assistance why your server cannot be reached by the IP addresses?

Back