• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Secure mailserver with Let's Encrypt - Postfix / Courier

P_heck

Basic Pleskian
Hello!

currently my mailserver (configured to use a subdomain like mail.domainname.tld) is secured with a Comodo Multidomain Certificate. This is used for Postfix as well as for Courier-IMAP.
All MX records of all domains point to this subdomain (mail.domainname.tld) and the mail clients of all customers are configured to use this subdomain for incomming / outgoing mails (IMAP / SMTP).

As the Comodo certificate is going to expire soon, I plan to discontinue and change to Let's Encrypt, currently already securing all domains hosted.

The subdomain used as mailserver address is already configured in Plesk to have a valid Let's Encrypt certificate.

I know, that I can change the certificate for the mailserver in "Tools & Settings ==> SSL/TLS Certificates" and select the Let's Encrypt certificate for this subdomain.

Question now: Will only Postfix being configured to use this Let's Encrypt based certificate, but what about Courier-IMAP? Will IMAP / POP3 access also be configured to use this Let's Encrypt certificate?

Tried to search for it, but was not successful to find an answer.

Cheers Peter

You can try to apply recommendations from this instruction Secure Mail Server · plesk/letsencrypt-plesk Wiki · GitHub
Does this mean, that by changing the certificate for the mailserver in the Plesk Panel (Tool & Settings ==> SSL/TLS Certificate ==> Certificate for securing mail) using an existing Let's Encrypt certificate is not applying those settings to Postfix and Courier-IMAP (or Dovecot if I would use this one)? So what does this setting do instead?

Does this mean, that by changing the certificate for the mailserver in the Plesk Panel (Tool & Settings ==> SSL/TLS Certificate ==> Certificate for securing mail) using an existing Let's Encrypt certificate is not applying those settings to Postfix and Courier-IMAP (or Dovecot if I would use this one)? So what does this setting do instead?
No, it doesn't mean that. This method can be considered as the alternative for those who prefer configure all manually in CLI.

No, it doesn't mean that. This method can be considered as the alternative for those who prefer configure all manually in CLI.
Thanks Igor - but again my question: Is this option in the Panel also applying the right settings within the Courier-IMAP part? Don't want to try out, find out it's not working, breaking therefore the functionality for the customers and have to rush into repairing it afterwards.

Back