• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Securing a Plesk VPS

M

mealto

Now that we have a Plesk VPS, is there a simple tutorial somewhere that can guide us to securing Plesk and offer tips and tweaks?

Well, to be honest your simplest bet would be to installed ASL on it. www.atomicrocketturtle.com. Costs $128 per year.

One of the features of ASL is a more secure kernel, which you can't use with a VPS. But other than that it works fine.

Other things to do include using keys instead of passwords for your SSH logins, and don't allow direct root logins.
Using a good firewall instead of the simplistic one that's standard in Plesk would be a good thing too. APF is a favourite. You need to read the sticky topic about installing APF in a VPS in the Virtuozzo section of this forum though.

You can also ask your VPS supplier to make you /tmp noexec. This doesn't do all that much good but it is better than nothing I suppose.

There's more -- search for posts by lvalics (I think I've spelled that correctly) who has many good suggestions on server security, though many of these don't quite apply to a VPS.

Back