• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Securing Plesk - Advisor Link

NateWon

Basic Pleskian
Hello, I'm attempting to secure Plesk its been running for quite a while with no certificate but am attempting to install one using the advisor link, however its throwing an error

Error: Could not issue a Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for [www.example.com correct site domain.]

Your domain in Plesk is hosted on the IP address(es): , but the DNS challenge used another IP address: [X.X.X.X Correct IP Address].
Please check the actual DNS zone of your domain and make sure that the IP addresses in the DNS zone and for the hosting are the same.

The DNS record is correct and pointing at the server, the error states "Your domain in Plesk is hosted on the IP address(es):" and lists no IP address for the lookup. Do I need to install a site with the same domain name on the server, for this to work or is there something else going wrong.

Thank you

I couldn't access those articles Igor, however I installed a Domain of the same name and Secured it and appears to have worked.

Back