• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Security Advisor issue

mattd29

New Pleskian
I have installed security advisor, added cp.domain.co.uk to the DNS and its working but I still get this

Error: IMPORTANT NOTES:
- The following errors were reported by the server:

Domain: cp.domain.co.uk
Type: unauthorized
Detail: Invalid response from
http://cp.domain.co.uk/.well-known/acme-challenge/DU9okEpkiFtsBgV1e9GDZ1w3RsFSSgsLD4WyfWVZmyw:
"<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE>
<BASE href="/error_docs/"><!--[if lte IE 6]></BASE><![endif]-->
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>No"

To fix these errors, please make sure that your domain name was
entered correctly and the DNS A record(s) for that domain
contain(s) the right IP address.
Failed authorization procedure. cp.domain.co.uk (http-01): urn:acme:error:unauthorized :: The client lacks sufficient authorization :: Invalid response from http://cp.domain.co.uk/.well-known/acme-challenge/DU9okEpkiFtsBgV1e9GDZ1w3RsFSSgsLD4WyfWVZmyw: "<HTML>
< HEAD>
< TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE>
< BASE href="/error_docs/"><!--[if lte IE 6]></BASE><![endif]-->
< /HEAD>
< BODY>
< H1>No"

Check your DNS whether it includes a wildcard-subdomain for your domain. That might be missing so that Let's Encrypt claims a DNS error. The domain that you want a certificate for must point to the IP address of the host in the DNS record.

Example: You are pointing domain.co.uk and *.domain.co.uk to the IP address of the host = everything will work find. But if you are only point domain.co.uk to your host, the host might be able to deliver subdomains, but DNS check by Let's Encrypt will fail.

Check your DNS whether it includes a wildcard-subdomain for your domain. That might be missing so that Let's Encrypt claims a DNS error. The domain that you want a certificate for must point to the IP address of the host in the DNS record.

Example: You are pointing domain.co.uk and *.domain.co.uk to the IP address of the host = everything will work find. But if you are only point domain.co.uk to your host, the host might be able to deliver subdomains, but DNS check by Let's Encrypt will fail.

I've created the DNS record for the host its called cp.domain.co.uk and its an A record pointing to the IP address as is the domain.co.uk so they both resolve to the same place, am I missing something here ?

Back