• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Security: multiple subscriptions (webspaces) per customer

pmg

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.61.5
Hello,

Do I miss something or it's just impossible to create multiple 'subscriptions' for a single customer?
My intention is to allow customer to isolate his/her less secure sites from more secure ones while drawing from single set of allocated resources (i.e. 'hosting plans').
As I understand, webspaces are ment for that exactly, runinning code (and having filepermissions) under different system users.

Thanks!

Do I miss something or it's just impossible to create multiple 'subscriptions' for a single customer?
It's possible to add multiple subscriptions to a customer. However, customers can't add subscriptions themselves from Plesk. It's an admin operation.

My intention is to allow customer to isolate his/her less secure sites from more secure ones while drawing from single set of allocated resources (i.e. 'hosting plans').
Excellent approche.

As I understand, webspaces are ment for that exactly, runinning code (and having filepermissions) under different system users.
Correct.

Ok, so basically it's impossible to isolate customer's web-sites from one another unless you convince customer to subscribe twice :)

Subscriptions are meant to be isolated. Any addition domain shares the webspace (and resources) within a subscription. I am not sure what's to address.

Back