• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

seeing webuser files via the control panel file manager?

D

DarkHorizons

Hi,

When I create a new web-user, I cannot go into that web user directory via the file manager. It gives me the following error:

Unable to change directory to /web_users/test/: ls_dir_wrapper() failed: filemng: opendir failed: Permission denied

Can anyone shed some light on this? We used to be able to access these folders in the previous versions of plesk. (pre 7)

actually you should not be able to do this in any version...

file manager works with privileges of domain's ftp user but web user is other system/ftp user... neither file manager nor you through FTP have ability to see files owner by other system user.

hmm.. that seems a little odd. If I give someone web_user access to my domain I would like to know what they are doing with it.

I'm also wondering about the same thing. The point of creating the web user is useless if the domain administrator cannot see the web user files from FTP or File Manager.

Is there any workaround for this?

well, you can login to console as root using ssh and go into your web-user directory. It should solve your problem if you have root access of course.

Back