• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Seeking Advice on Plesk for Website Backups

myra_john

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
window
Plesk version and microupdate number
I hope you're all doing well. I'm currently diving into the world of website backups, and I could really use some advice and guidance from those of you who are experienced with Plesk.

Here's the deal: I want to set up automated backups for my website, and I want to do it right. Security is a top priority for me, but I also want to make sure that the process is efficient and doesn't put too much strain on my server.

So, my questions are: What's the best way to schedule automated website backups in Plesk? Are there any specific tools, add-ons, or settings that you've found to be reliable and user-friendly? And how do you strike that balance between keeping your website safe and not bogging down your server with backup tasks?

Your real-world experiences and insights would be incredibly helpful as I embark on this backup journey. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your knowledge!

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not a bot with an AI generated message. Just to be sure, what Plesk version are you running on which OS exactly?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not a bot with an AI generated message. Just to be sure, what Plesk version are you running on which OS exactly?
Yeah ! i generated from AI because I don't write English very Well !

I use the Scheduled Backup settings, automatically backing up to Dropbox daily up to 14 full backups stored. I like to check the option to receive an email if errors occur during the execution of the backup task.

More information on Scheduling Backup Settings here Scheduling Backups

Back