• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Seems i don't have Swap

simmons

New Pleskian
i'm struggling these days on low memory and server problems and just for a case i've seen in the server statistics that the swap is 0.
So i checked with top and htop and yes i have no swap!
How could be this is even possible?
And what i can do to create it back?

Code:
Versione    Plesk Obsidian v18.0.27_build1800200508.17 os_Ubuntu 18.04
OS    Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

Plesk does not manage SWAP space. Refer to the corresponding operating system manual for exact instructions on managing SWAP space/partition.

Note: that according to Plesk hardware requirements, a minimum of 1 GB swap is required for Plesk on Linux server. Moreover, generally, it is not recommended to disable swap completely - Do we really need swap on modern systems?
The RAM usage may increase due to the high number of visitors or during daily maintenance tasks (e.g. statistics calculation, spam train, etc.). With swap disabled, the lack of RAM may lead to a server crash.

Back