• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Select existing SSL certificate for a domain in Plesk

BatricB

New Pleskian
I added a new SSL certificate in `Plesk -> Tools & Settings -> SSL Certificates` and now want to link an existing domain to it.

However, on domain SSL Certificates page, the only option displayed is to create a new certificate. I can't select one of the existing ones.

Am I missing something? How can I link already added SSL to a domain?

Thanks!

Thanks for your message Igor.

I just remembered that this domain should have dedicated IP. I am now running into another issue - when I am trying to change DNS settings for the domain I get the "dnszone table::select() failed no such row in the table" message.

I found already some potential solutions and will try to apply them.

Will keep this thread posted.

Thanks again for your assistance, Igor.

I digress, but I keep getting into related issues :)

Right now the chain is the following
1. I can't add an SSL for a domain because "dnszone table::select() failed" error
2. That error is caused by corrupt DNS table zone; to fix this, I need to manually add/link missing entries in the database
3. I can't login to the MySQL using the admin username and same password as the one for Plesk

I found this article: http://kb.odin.com/en/116050 to reset MySQL admin password.

Is it safe to do this? I am not sure if Plesk is using the same database and if I will break everything if I change it.

After inspecting the database, I narrowed the problem down to this:

- One of the subdomains has not been completely deleted from the DB
- It is not listed in the "psa.domains" table
- It is present in the "psa.dns_zone"

I tried deleting the entry from "psa.dns_zone" table, but nothing changed in Plesk.

The KB articles I found are related only in reverse cases (found in domains, not found in dns_zone).

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

I suggest you contact Support Team if you are not familiar with psa database enough. They will fix database on your server.

Which Support Team should I contact?

I am familiar with working with databases, so if you send me a KB article or instructions, I can handle it on my own.
Is there such KB article?

Thanks.

I managed to solve the DB problem and now Plesk lets me configure the DNS for this domain.
I found that the entry for my domain was present in "psa.domains", but it had the wrong "dns_zone_id" value.
I corrected it and it's now working.

Regarding the original question - I removed old SSL certificate, added it through domain settings page and then had to apply it

Here's what I did:

Plesk admin -> Domains -> example.com -> "Open in Control Panel" -> Websites and Domains tab -> click on the domain name listed at the bottom of the page -> check "Enable SSL Support" under "Security" and then select proper SSL certificate.

Note: I'm using Plesk 11 on Windows, but this should look the same on Linux.

Thanks for your help Igor.

Back