• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

selecting default components?

swanzey

New Pleskian
I recently set up a fresh install of 8.1 and upon rebooting the system and logging onto plesk, I get a screen asking for a 'selection of default components'. These options are all greyed out for DNS server, mail server and component_name_ws.

what is going on?

thanks in advance.

same, but on 7.6.1 and after mail server issues

i've got the same issue on 7.6.1 after trying to tweak settings on a fully configured and recognized SmarterMail 4.1 install. PLESK had recognized the installed mail server just fine, then suddenly things started failing and as part of that PLESK now decides to boot up with the "selecting default components" screen asking me to pick a mail server -- and it claims that SmarterMail is no longer installed.

A fix would be just dandy...

m0rpheu5, I don't think the SWSoft philosophy involves actually fixing stuff like this. It's supposed to be part of the charm of working with their cutting edge software or something like that...

I'm trying to convince my hosting provider to go to 8.1 (to solve the dozen or so things that are f'ed up in 7.6.1), but I shudder at the thought of all the things that'll remain unfixed and all the fun, new things that'll turn up broken if and when they make the move.

but i´m using Plesk version 8.1.1, i was happy with 7.6.1 and i didn´t know!!

See -- that's the lose-lose proposition: you stay with 7.6.1 you have trouble; you go to 8.1.1 you have trouble. Oy vey.

Did anyone ever resolve this issue? I have encountered it as well.

With windows 2003 server the fix is:

Start/run

%plesk_bin%\defpackagemng.exe --fix

This command work for me.

Back