• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Send from domain IP addresses stopped working

John Calvert

New Pleskian
Hi,

Plesk Onyx has the new feature, with Postfix, to be able to select that the IP address used for outgoing email will be the domain's IP address. I was testing this and it was working fine for days and then suddenly about 1.5 hours ago it stopped working. I have disabled it and re-enabled... doesn't work. I have rebooted, still doesn't work. I had been doing a lot of intense testing trying to get Mailman to work properly when this malfunction started happening.

CentOS 7, Plesk Onyx. 8 IP addresses, 2 are shared, the rest dedicated.

Does anyone have any idea why this would stop working or how to fix it? It's a very important feature for me to use, to support my clients.

thanks,
JC

Have you tred to enable it and then run

# plesk repair mail

Unfortunately, I had to give up trying to use Postfix. I can't use an MTA that's going to randomly assign a different IP to a domain without warning. In the real world, that could spell disaster to email delivery, due to IP reputation. Beyond that glitch, Postfix in general became increasingly unstable until email delivery became unreliable and unpredictable. I have customers relying on email, so I had to install Qmail instead. Qmail appears to working fine – I used it for many years on my previous server and it worked well.

Of course, it's your choice, but note that this feature (Outgoing mail mode) does not work with Qmail in scope of Plesk.

Back