• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Send Mail through Horde - OK, Send Mail through Outlook - Failed

M

max1.6

Hello all swsoft community..

I have another problem regarding email failure on our Plesk 8.1.0 where Microsoft Outlook already configured but can't send & receive e-mails at all.

The error message come out :
sendmail error 553 5.1.7 error "domain isn't in list allowed of my rcpthost"

I tried through Horde Webmail for the same account, and it's working perfectly. I already search the info and make a testing - nothing changes. Where should I start first. Any ideas?

Please advice with thanks :cool:

First, look at /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts and insure your domain exists in there. Next, view your Outlook settings and make sure your username is using the full email address ([email protected] not just john) and that the domain exists. Next, verify your email address in outlook (it's different than your username) has the correct domain specified. And last, insure you are hitting the correct server. These all sound obvious but one may indicate your issue.

Hi all...

My micro$oft outlook now suddenly run perfectly, and I have no idea how my problem is solved. Yes, agreed with u where sometimes the problem happened just because not using the full email address at login page :D

Let say that I already make a changes as suggested & same problems happen. Is there any other possiblities which could contribute to this problem?

Thanks for your replies :cool:

This only happens in MicroSucks Outlook product only.

When you send an email or reply an email and the email address contains a quotation within it, the email will fail with the error.

However, if you retype the email address again, it will work.

Wonder why?

I was having the same problem. I couldn't send email using my server for Outgoing SMTP email using webmail or Outlook.

I added 127.0.0.1/32 to the whitelist and that solved the webmail problem but I still couldn't send using Outlook.

After trying every solution found in the forums, I finally discovered that the RBL DNS blacklist server was the problem. There's no way to set it to only filter incoming email - it was filtering both ways. I was using zen.spamhaus.org which blocks dynamic IPs.

I turned it off and voila, I could send using Outlook. I also tried it with sbl.spamhaus.org and that works as well.

This might be what's causing the problem for the some of the people here having this problem.

Let me know if anyone else has had this problem. I'd like to find away to have the RBL service only filter inbound email. zen.spamhaus.org really does a fantastic job of filtering.

Back