• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question SendGrid Automation

sercan

New Pleskian
Hello there,
Since I installed Plesk on Google Cloud, I needed to set up a 3rd party mail service. I also installed SendGrid and started using it.

But I have a problem; When I add a new domain to my Plesk server, I have to go to sendgird and perform "Sender Authentication". Can I have Plesk do this automatically?

That's going to be quite a challenge and a fair bit of work. Does SendGrid have an API trough which you can add domains for authentication?

If they do have an API, this is might be a solution: you could setup an event in the Plesk Event Manager for when a new domain is created. Which runs a script that connects to the SendGrid API and adds the domain to SendGrid and retrieves the value for the DNS record. Then use the Plesk CLI to create a DNS record for the domain with the authentication value.

This is just from the top of my head. I am not familiar with SendGrid. I don't know if the have API if they do, what is supports.

That's going to be quite a challenge and a fair bit of work. Does SendGrid have an API trough which you can add domains for authentication?

If they do have an API, this is might be a solution: you could setup an event in the Plesk Event Manager for when a new domain is created. Which runs a script that connects to the SendGrid API and adds the domain to SendGrid and retrieves the value for the DNS record. Then use the Plesk CLI to create a DNS record for the domain with the authentication value.

This is just from the top of my head. I am not familiar with SendGrid. I don't know if the have API if they do, what is supports.
Yes it has API. I'm new to Plesk. I just learned how to use Events.

Since this was challenging I ended up using a service provider where port 25 was not blocked. But people who have this problem can do it using API and Plesk Events.

Thanks.

Back