• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sending mail is slow

That's weird that by putting the -Rt0 you would not be able to connect. Here is a sample smtp_psa file with one MAPS server being used (the MAPS/RBL server does not have to be used):

service smtp
{
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
disable = no
user = root
instances = UNLIMITED
server = /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env
server_args = -Rt0 /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true
}

The only thing I can think of is that during editing the 'server args' line got split up with a LF char. I have had this happen when using vi and pico before. Notice there is no LF '$' char on the end of the server_args line, until the end '/true$'

Once you edit any file which contains long lines, do a 'cat -A filename' and it will show you where LF characters are:
[root@ns2 xinetd.d]# cat -A smtp_psa
$
service smtp$
{$
^Isocket_type = stream$
^Iprotocol = tcp$
^Iwait = no$
^Idisable^I^I= no$
^Iuser = root$
^Iinstances = UNLIMITED$
^Iserver = /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env$
^Iserver_args = -Rt0 /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true$
}$

The '$' is the location of each LF. If you ever see any '^M' in a linux text file when doing the 'cat -A filename', that is not good. Many people use Windows editors to edit files, then upload them. Windows puts 'LF' and 'CR' on the end of lines.

To remove the CR chars (^M's), use the 'dos2unix filename' once the file is uploaded. Note: the ^I characters show the location of tabs.

Strange... I redid it, ran the cat command (didnt do that before) and restarted the service and it worked. Wonder why it didn't before.

Thanks!

Back