• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Sendmail -bs error

Ad-RWD

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.45
Hi,

I updated Plesk Obsidian to Version 18.0.45 yesterday and ever since any of my domains that use either Swiftmailer or the more up-to-date Symofny Mailer no longer work correctly and are unable to send out emails via sendmail (the default transport, "sendmail://default" in symfony mailer). Could it be related to the error previously added in 18.0.44 regarding the -bs option (PPPM-13497)? And then reverted in 18.0.44 Update 1 (PPPM-13584)?

On Swiftmailer I get the error 'Expected response code 220 but got code "", with message "Unable to init new groups for user 'postfix': Operation not permitted
System error 1: Operation not permitted'
and when using Symfony mailer I get the error 'Connection to "process /usr/sbin/sendmail -bs" has been closed unexpectedly.'

I can also confirm this error occurs when I try to send an email directly using sendmail -bs while connected to my server via SSH, there I get the following issue: 'execv(/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/sendmail/sendmail.postfix): Failed to execute original sendmail utility directly: Permission denied [13]'

Please could this be looked into as it has broke over 100 domains using email functionality on my server...

Back