• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Server Administrator Needed

D

datapencil

Please help!

I am searching for an administrator who can take a look at my server. I have a virtual dedicated server with GoDaddy which has just over 30 domains and just as many mysql databases. The version is Plesk 7.5.4. I am learning web design and so I have many projects, some of them important. GoDaddy has turned off my databases because they were using too much ram. I know one of my wordpress blogs was being constantly crawled by blog networks (I don't know how to prevent this, I made the mistake of "pinging" a bunch of them). GoDaddy also said that my server had problems and was in need of an administrator who can work from the linux command line. Now I can't even log into Plesk because of the mysql problem.

I have no idea where to go for help. I have searched Google and found many sites offering administration services for a monthly fee. I would rather hire someone who I can trust knows what they are doing. I do not know anything about SSH or linux, and so I've used Plesk and FTP to manage the server. I am willing to pay a reasonable fee for someone to fix the server and if needed I will also pay for periodic checks. Please contact me through this forum if you think you can help - it would be so greatly appreciated!

If all you care about is your data, I would log in to SSH (assuming you have SSH) and get your data out, then find a new host without ridiculous limitations.

All MySQL data is located in /var/lib/mysql

In many cases, you can just download the files inside there and upload them to a new server and MySQL will find them and everything will work as normal.

However, you should also get a database dump if you have the mysql command line available to you

mysqldump --opt -uadmin -p databasename > 20060425-dbname.sql

You would have to run the above command for each database you want to dump. Make sure you use a username (like admin or root) that has full access to the database.

Thank you,

My databases have been restored. I cannot switch from GoDaddy due to the amount of work and configuration involved. I have deleted some of my domains and sql databases to try and lighten the load.

I still would just love it if someone could look at my server for a fee. Please let me know, thanks!

I know one of my wordpress blogs was being constantly crawled by blog networks (I don't know how to prevent this, I made the mistake of "pinging" a bunch of them)

You should create a robots.txt file in the root htdocs folder of the domain that is hosting the blog, see here.

Unfortunately this means your site will not be indexed, which means you will not get hits.

I don't know how large the blog is, but it may be best to move onto a dedicated server. GoDaddy doesn't really have an interest in hosting big sites.

Does your "psa" database still exist? If you accidentally dropped it then Plesk would not function.

Back