• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Server become very slow after some hours uptime

stevefigueras

Basic Pleskian
Hello i got a problem and i don't know where to search.
It appear thaht my free memory decrease each minute after reboot.
When i restart it's ok but i see minute after minute the free memory is decreasing...

The command top don't show special process which explain my problem.

I don't understand how a process can kill my memory but not immediatly but from reboot to after 4 or 5 hours uptime.

Can you help me because for now i need to reboot my server twice a day :( :(

Sorry stevefigueras,

first of all you should be informed, that this forum might not be the right place for your continuous, repeating questions about your memory issues, because your continuous questions are not related to any Parallels software in the first place.
Second, you might have the feeling, that if nobody is interested in answering your previous questions about your memory issues/problems, that it might be a good idea to post another thread here in the forums. Well.... it's not and this doesn't change for any other non-related Parallels products questions.

Just a tip: Your issues are rather hardware related, so try to investigate the issue by long term monitoring your hardware and try to combine logs investigations and backtraces to investigate the cause.

Oh - maybe it's too late now. But just in case: It is perfectly normal for a Linux-Based system to "kill" memory all the time. In fact, Linux relies upon using 100% of the memory all the time and manages the use of it internally very effeciently. So - don't worry about it. To start, it is always a good idea to monitor top and iotop, which gives a lot of valuable information.

Back