• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

server for only web service, without mail

A

apsweb

hi,

i have a linux server (CentOS) with plask 10.4.4, in this server i have configured some domain, for this domain i have the mail service in an other machine and all it's ok, but if i try to send an email to one of this domain the mail not exit from the server.

for more explain:

Server A (with plask 10.4.4 ) have domain internaldomain.com
Server B is the MX configured for internaldomain.com

if i try to send at [email protected] from my pc (or any other pc) all is ok
if i try to send at [email protected] from Server A this not work
if i try to send at [email protected] from Server A all is ok

i try to configure by the plask the MX DNS, but not resolve.
and in second place i try to disable DNS (i not need it) but not resolve.

if i look with nslookup (by the shell of Server A) the MX configuretion it is correct, the MX is the Server B.

what can i do for resolve the problem?

You need to switch email off for the domain. In Plesk, open the domain, click on Mail tab, click on Change Settings button, remove tick from "enable" box and click on OK.

This is necessary because when qmail sees an email for a domain that exists in its control files, it will deliver the email locally no matter what the DNS says. If no mailbox exists, the message bounces.

I'm not sure what the situation is if you have postfix installed instead of qmail.

Back