• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

server freezing when deleting comments on one site

jakedawson

New Pleskian
Hey guys,
Looking for some advice.
I have one site that I am hosting with Wordpress and everytime I delete a spam comment it freezes my whole server and all of the sites that are on there are not accessible.
I look at the server stats after and I cant see any spikes in a particular usage. They are only not accessible for roughly 5 mins. I cant figure out what is going on anyone have any ideas how to stop this from happening?

1596065439841.png
1596065488095.png

Please check your Apache error log and access log for a 403 error at the given time. If it is there, check whether it is caused by ModSecurity. On Obsidian, there are three Comodo Basic Rules that block access wrongly on standard Wordpress operations. Once the 403 is logged, the ModSecurity jail of Fail2Ban kicks in and blocks your ip from further access to the server. After a short while (depends on what is configured for that jail in Fail2Ban) the ip is removed from the block list, for that reason you can than access your server again. The server never goes offline, it's likely only your ip being blocked by the faulty rule set and the ModSecurity jail.

Back