1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Server hacked?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by redblue, Apr 17, 2006.

1. redblue

redblue Guest

Hello,

I have been experiencing a few problems simultaneously on my server and I am not sure if it's because someone has hacked into it. The following are some of the problems:
    1) Unable to login via SSH to the server
    2) Unable to receive mail from the server (this is unusual because I get tons of spam mails every day and my spam filter haven't even been getting any spam mails for the last few days)
    3) Test e-mails sent from my Hotmail account never arrive to the mail account served by the server
    4) Any attempts to add/remove/change password on the mail accounts on Plesk results in an error. For example, if I try to create a new mail account I get the following:
    Can someone please tell me what I need to do?