• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Server Host question

M

mrmyers

I read the documentation but still cannot figure out what to put on the host line.

I am trying to publish my first trial website and none of the methods work and I am thinking it is because I do't have it setup correctly.

I have it set as shown below:

Host settingsHost DNS name or IP address = alldownriver.biz/

my ip address is 69.219.97.209

the sitebuilder is located at: /opt/sitebuilder on my Debian server

Can someone her give me some help?

In Server -> Hosts section you should add IP address of the host into which publication will be done, i.e. where published sites will be stored.
If you are going to publish sites to the same server where Sitebuilder installed, it should be 69.219.97.209.
Next, URL for website should not be the sames which is used for Sitebuilder itself. It should be URL for website where created pages (through Wizard) will be stored and where it could be accessed. For example, you have domain mydomain.com. You create site content through Sitebuilder wizard, making appropriate settings in publishing section and publish the site. In this case URL for website will be http://mydomain.com. Working directory will be relative path to site location on the server.

Please check it up and let me know if you have any further questions here.

Back