• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

server IP mis configuration

T

tony744

I think there is a mis configuration with my main IP for my server.. When I go to my secured server I receive a "Unable to verify the identity of localhost.localdomain as a trusted site." from the browser...

My hosts file is..

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost server.nameofmyserver.com

I run 4psa software on my server and when I do an IP check I get 127.0.0.1 is my IP.. Yet when I check the IP through plesk control panel I get the IP address froe which I access plesk control panel..

I host my domain on a separate IP which is the same name as my server ..

Does anyone have any ideals as to why this is happening...
:confused:

Hello:

I believe you /etc/hosts file should read:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn server.nameofmyserver.com server

where nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn is your server IP

John

Hi John,

I made the changes to my /etc/hosts files but I stil have the same problem.. Any oher thoughts?

Tony

After you made the changes to the hosts file, did you restart the server?

Originally posted by tony744
I receive a "Unable to verify the identity of localhost.localdomain as a trusted site." from the browser...
This type of error is probably due to your domain certificate being set for the default Plesk certificate, self-issued to plesk.com, not localhost.localdomain

Have you purchased a real SSL certificate for your domain and installed it to the domain in the control panel?

Both IE and Firefox will show various warnings when the domain in question is still set for the default Plesk certificate. This does not mean the encryption won't work, just is a warning that the domain in the cert is not the same as the domain it's being used for.

You could generate a self-certificate, but the browser will still usually give at least 1 warning that the cert is not CA certified.

Or you could purchase a real certified certificate for your domain and install that.

Hope this helps clarify things.

Yes I purchased a certificate from comodo and installed it into the control panel.. That is what is confusing.. I don't know where the server is picking up localhost... None of the websites have the old plesk default certificate any more...

Tony

First question of my last post -
After you made the changes to the hosts file, did you restart the server?
You actually have to shutdown/restart the entire server.

When I go to my secured server
What URL are you 'going' to in the broswer? https://localhost:8443 or https://127.0.0.1:8443 or are you actually using https://yourdomain.com:8443 ??

Is this happening from the server console or from an external PC (not the server)?

Did you also set the Plesk control panel for your comodo certificate or is it still using the Plesk certificate?

Hi James,

Can you send me your private email? I will give you the exact URLS.. It’s probably better to show you what is going on then try to explain.. This way you can see first hand what I am talking about...

I also very much appreciate your assistance...

Tony

Back